KeHE Code of Conduct for Suppliers
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
KeHE is committed to ensuring fair working and living conditions for employees of service and good suppliers. KeHE conducts its business with honesty and integrity, in accordance with national laws and standards. Accordingly, KeHE expects all service and good suppliers to maintain the highest ethical standards and comply with all anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws.
Suppliers doing business with KeHE will comply with all local and national laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they do business.
LABOR & EMPLOYMENT
• Forced Labor: Suppliers will not use involuntary labor or require payment of fees or the surrendering of identification as a condition of employment. All employees will understand the terms of their employment.
• Child Labor: Suppliers will not use child labor as defined for these purposes as any person employed at an age younger than the legal minimum age for working in any specific jurisdiction.
• Anti-discrimination and fair treatment: Supplier will treat employees with respect. There will be no unlawful discrimination, harassment, or abuse of any kind.
• Wages and Benefits: supplier will ensure that work schedules and overtime are consistent with all applicable laws, including maximum hours and rest period laws. Suppliers will compensate their employees with wages and benefits which are in compliance with the local and national laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which they do business.
SAFETY & HEALTH
• Product Quality and Safety: Suppliers will only provide goods and services that are safe and in compliance with all applicable local and national laws.
• Health and Safety: Supplier will provide employees with a safe, clean and healthy work environment. Supplier is responsible for integrating comprehensive and safety management practices and job-specific safety training into your business. Employees will have the right to refuse and report unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
KeHE respects the law in its business operations and expects you to do the same by complying with all laws that apply to your business and your work with us. If there is a conflict between what the law requires and the standards of this Code, we expect you to meet the higher standard. If you are doing business with or in any country known for employing labor practices inconsistent with the above, please consult your legal counsel for appropriate measures to take to ensure compliance with US legal requirements.
Suppliers must be able to demonstrate compliance with this Code of Conduct upon our request, and we expect you to take action to correct any non-compliance. KeHE reserves the right to terminate any agreement or arrangement with you if compliance with this Code cannot be demonstrated.