An Update from our President & CEO
There’s no doubt, COVID-19 has drastically changed the way we live and do business. At KeHE, we are doing everything in our power to protect the safety of our employees, while fulfilling the awesome role we have in the food supply chain.
The demand for food has been well above anything we’ve ever seen, and we are proud to play a critical role in feeding America during this unprecedented time.
As such, here are a few of the ways we’re committed to supporting our employees, as well as our supplier and retailer partners:
Taking Care of Our Employees
- Proactive Measures – We are monitoring and following state-by-state mandated laws with face masks and social distancing.
- We’re also continuing to provide protective equipment, increased sanitation and health & wellness checks throughout our organization.
- Supporting Those on the Frontline – Our Temporary Essential Service Bonus has been extended to states with above normal COVID-19 cases.
- Working Remotely – Employees in our corporate offices are advised to work remotely and are being provided the support they need to be successful.
- Sick Employees – If KeHE becomes aware of an employee not feeling well, they will be released from work and provided sick pay and benefits. Should anyone test positive for COVID-19, the employee will be quarantined for the required 14 days.
- Specific processes involving Drivers & Deliveries:
- Increased sanitation practices are required on our trucks
- Disinfectant wipes and hand and sanitizer have been provided to keep our drivers work areas clean
- Drivers are required to wear face coverings
Supporting our Partners
- Supply Chain Confidence – closely monitoring demand and proactively adjusting accordingly to fulfill the needs of your consumers, especially for categories affected by COVID-19. Manufacture out of stocks are improving, and we’re continuing to provide item replacements and assortment strategy assistance for long term out of stocks.
- Driving Innovation – Over 1,100 innovative new products were debuted at KeHE’s Holidays of Hope show and nearly 6,500 since the pandemic hit.
- Providing Innovative Products & Ideas – Contactless bulk selections, including KeHE’s exclusive brands, Made With™ & Cadia®, launching this fall including additions to our white-label repack program.
- Transparent Communication – Protecting the safety of our employees and customers is at the forefront of every decision we make. Therefore, upon learning of reported cases, we notify our involved partners as soon as possible.
We SERVE to Make Lives Better®
- Our Holidays of Hope Virtual Show raised over $190,000 in donations to KeHE Cares® . Thanks to our generous suppliers & retailers, the funds raised will go to support trusted KeHE Cares partners across the country ravaged by COVID-19.
KeHE is committed to spreading goodness, even during these difficult times. I’m incredibly proud of KeHE Nation and their unwavering service to our customers, the company, and their communities. We will get through this together.
President & CEO